The fourth annual Boggsstrong Pizza Dash was held on Sunday, April 30, The annual event is sponsored by the Boggsstrong Foundation which provides scholarship opportunities for area youth and is a community outreach group. This years Boggsstrong foundation teamed up with the family of Dave Roberts, a liver transplant patient, to organize the race.
The proceeds from this years race were split between the Boggsstrong Foundation and The Transplant House of Cleveland in honor of Dave and his appreciation for their help in his time of need.
The Transplant Hose of Cleveland is an independent, non profit organization created to provide temporary, affordable housing in a home-like environment for organ transplant patients and their families while they are visiting Cleveland for medical care.
The race which is held in Middlebourne began at the Old Tyler County High School and began at 3 p.m. There were two different races a 5K run/walk course and a 10K course.
Every participant received a finisher’s medal and first and second place awards were given to each male and female in both the running and walking divisions of the 5K and the running divisions of the 10K. T-Shirts were given to the first 100 pre-registered participants.
Overall winners by age group in the 5-K
* Womens: walk, 13 and under, first Chloe Butler, 53:18. second Sophie Wagner 53:19. 14-19: first Madison Osbourne, 51:05, second Alexis Jenkins, 53:52. 20-29: first Laura Hill, 43:51, second Allison Seese 56:09. 30-39: first Alyssa Huggins, 41:14, second Samantha Lamp, 41:21. 40-49: first Pamela Myers 41:21, second Freda Thompson. 50-59: first Lisa Stackpole 44:04, Shelly Thomas, 54:32. 60-69: first Cathy Caldwell 42:21, second Clara Glover 55:28. 70 plus: first Barbara Fitzsimmons, 1:01.16.
* Men: 14-19: first Evan Napier 47:18. 20-29: first Dalton Wells. 30-39: first Mitch Corley, 44:15, second Zachery Pethtel, 56:02. 40-49: first Greg Conger, 44:05, second Lawrence Godwin 1:01.28. 50-59: first Scott Simonton, 49:19, second David Brill, 1:00.55. 60-69: first Rusty Wetzel, 42:23, second Dave Roberts, 51:25. 70 plus: first Roy Thomas, 38:06, second Ernie Doll, 39:35.
* Womens 5K run: 13 and under: first Makayla Haught, 33:15, second Kashia Brown, 37:10. 14-19: first Gwun Napier, 24:19, second Chyenne Morris 40:41. 20-29: first Loren Utt 53:36. 30-39: first Elizabeth Roberts, 28:42, second Megan Corless 28:47. 40-49: first Melanie Wilson, 31:08, second Stephanie Moore, 33:00. 50-59: first Kathy Riggs, 39:44, second Lori Poling- Wilson, 39:48. 70 plus: Nadara Brightwell, 50:38.
* Men: 13 and under: first Jaxson Hostuttler, 22:09, second Haygen Baker, 22:20. 14-19 first Joshua Frum, 19:58, Nathan Lantz, 25:32. 20-29: first Chris Satterfield, 22:00, second Jacob Myer, 23:08. 30-39: first JC Kimble 28:39, second Brian Camerlin, 28:45. 40-49: first Chris Camerlin. 50-59: first Mike Lantz, 26:10, second Jon Petticrew 39:45. 60-69: first Tommy Nichols, 45:49
* Womens: 10K Run: 20-29: first Jessica Greathouse, 1:05.20. 30-39: first Terri Parks, 1:00.16, second Jessica Broce, 1:15.02. 50-59: first Santina Vigliotti, 1:06.09, second Jeanne Davis, 1:55.13.
* Mens: 13 and under: first Hadyn Brown, 55:21. 14-19: first Spencer Corley, 47:45. 40-49: first Josh Weekley, 40:18, second Scott Clegg, 45:09. 50-59: first Rodney McWilliams, 1:14.19. 60-69: first Roger Hartline, 1:50.30.
* 5-K Walk first two overall winners: first Roy Thomas, 38:06, second Ernie Doll, 39:35.