Dates Set for Academic Awards Ceremony and Reception
Peoples Bank will sponsor the 43rd Annual Academic Awards Ceremony and Reception to honor students in Grades 5-12 in all Tyler County Schools.
According to Tyler County Schools, Peoples Bank will sponsor two ceremonies with the first one being April 13, 2021 for those in Grades 5-8 and the second being April 15, 2021 for students in Grades 9-12.
The ceremonies will be held at Tyler Consolidated Middle/High School and will begin at 6:00 PM in the auditorium and the reception will follow in the commons.
Students with the highest grades achieved in their class will be recognized for their academic achievement.
Criteria used to determine Grades 5-12 participants will be based on the following:
1. The top 15% of the class.
2. All students with a 4.0 and above 4.0 on the grading scale.
3. Grades are calculated at the 1st semester grading period.
4. Students must be scheduled for a full academic schedule on the school premises.
5. The student received no additional academic modifications.
Parents are cordially invited to attend both the awards ceremony and reception. Food and refreshments will be served in the commons.
Inquiries regarding these ceremonies can be directed to Mr. Kent Yoho, Principal 9-12 (758-9000), Ms. Jami Nelson, Principal 6-8 (758-9000) or Ms. Amanda Kimble, Director of Child Nutrition, Support Services and Safety (758-2145)