Paden City Public Library Enters Phase 1 of Reopening
Phase 1 objective: Given the safe way steps to re-open businesses, such as libraries, by the WV Department of Health and Human Resources and the Tyler/Wetzel County Health Department, the Library Board has developed a process to keep employees and patrons safe from being exposed to the coronavirus. The goal is to keep employees and patrons safe from the coronavirus. To that end, we are relying on the cooperation of the public.
- Phase 1 will be implemented on June 1, 2020 and remain in effect until the WV DHHR or the WV Governor revises restrictions.
- Admittance to the library is on a case by case basis, by appointment. Only two persons (not including library staff) will be allowed in the building at a time. Disposable masks and gloves will be provided upon entry as well as hand sanitizer, and persons are asked to maintain social distancing protocols of six feet. Patrons are asked to remain in the designated area while in the building. Public restrooms will not be available during this time.
- Sneeze guards have been placed and staff will wear a mask when patrons are in the building.
- Items returned to the library (books, etc) will be quarantined for 72 hours then sanitized (staff will wear gloves to properly sanitize returned items).
- Public areas will be sanitized after each patron has left the premises. Staff areas will be sanitized at the end of each work day (as well as intermittently when needed).
- The library will be open by appointment only; please call ahead to make arrangements. The librarian will be available during normal weekday business hours. Patrons can knock on door for assistance if unable to call staff will permit entry as they deem fit based on the request of the patron.
- Copies (documents may be emailed to library for printing as well)
- Book checkouts (staff will have requested books ready for patron pickup)
- Wi-Fi on personal devices
- General Information
Services Not Yet Available
- Browsing of Stacks
- Public Restroom
- Public Computer Use
- Group meetings or programs
In the event that a person testing positive for COVID-19 has been in the library; the library will close immediately upon notification for a 72-hour quarantine. After the quarantine, the staff will take measures to thoroughly clean and sanitize the area per the CDC recommended guidelines (a copy of which follows this document).
In the event that a staff member testing positive for COVID-19 has been in the library, the library will close for a 14-day quarantine; after which the staff will take measures to thoroughly clean and sanitize the area per the CDC recommended guidelines (a copy of which follows this document).
In all instances where staff or patrons are feeling sick, they are urged to not come to the library (or be out and about in general).
It is understood that a risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place. COVID 19 is extremely contagious. Senior citizens, as well as individuals with underlying medical conditions, are especially vulnerable.
By entering our library, patrons voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID 19. As with transmission of any communicable disease like cold or flu, patrons may be exposed to Coronavirus at any time or in any place.
Paden City Public Library hours are as follows:
Monday: 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday: 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For more information, contact the library at 304-337-9333.