Barth Charity Trust Awards Several Organizations
The Harry E. and Olive T. Barth Charitable Trust recently awarded several area organizations with donations designed for the betterment of the community. This year, 17 organizations were awarded funds totaling $147,641.
The Community Foundation for the Ohio Valley overseas the grant making process of the Trust, while WesBanco Bank. Inc., serves as Trustee and Investment Advisor. Grants and gifts made from the Trust are recommended by an advisory committee comprised of stakeholders and advisors.
This structure enables input from the community and encourages strategic use of avilable resources. Members of the advisory committee include Cindy Perring of WesBanco Trust and Investment Services, Linda Henriksen, Dr. Ralph Boone, Tammi Bowers and Judy Yeager.
The following grant recipients were announced:
* ArtsLink Inc. was awarded $1,500 for concerts and outreach activities at the Sistersville Genesis Center.
* Catholic Charities West Virginia Inc. was awarded $5,000 for their food pantry and emergency assistance programs.
* Council of Senior Tyler Countians Inc. was awarded $21,700 for drainage and foundation repairs to the Tyler County Senior Center.
* Crittenton Services Inc. was awarded $13,000 for a TIES Liaison at Sistersville Elementary School for the 2019-2020 school year.
* Friends of Paden City Pool were awarded $10,000 to be used towards replacing the baby pool with a splash pad.
* Gabriel Project of WV Inc. was awarded $3,600 for continuation and expansion of services in Tyler County.
* Olive Branch Animal Rescue & Refuge Inc. was awarded $16,506 to be used towards concrete and drainage work for their cat quarantine building.
* Paden City Development Authority was awarded $10,000 to be used for roof repairs in the Paden City Industrial Park.
* Paden City Foundation Inc. was awarded $20,742 for improvements to the building that houses the Paden City Museum and Cultural Center.
* Sistersville Public Library was awarded $7,000 for repairs to the library carport roof.
* Tyler County Family Resource Network was awarded $5,000 for the Back to School Program.
* Tyler County 4-H & Farm Community Center Association was awarded $5,000 to be used towards upgrades to the boy’s dorm at the Tyler County 4-H Camp.
* Wetzel County Chamber of Commerce was awarded $8,938 for the use of replacing playground equipment.
* Wetzel Tyler Child Advocacy Center Inc. was awarded $5,950 for facility improvements at the Lighthouse Child Advocacy Center.
* Wetzel County Emergency Ambulance Authority Inc. was awarded $4,745 for upgrades to an electric patient cot for an ambulance.
* Wetzel County Hope and Memories was awarded $2,000 for support for their transportation program.
* Youth Services Systems Inc. was awarded $7,500 for Youth Mentoring Network support for Tyler County.
Grant applications for the Harry E. and Olive T. barth Charitable Trust will be accepted on an annual basis. Interested applicants can learn more at www.cfov.org/grants or by calling CFOV at 304-242-3144.