Fire Affects Families At Timber Ridge
A Go Fund Me account has been created to assist Jasmine Glessner, Gary Hossman, and their two-month-old daughter, who lost all of their belongings due to the Timber Ridge Apartments fire March 31.
Those who wish to donate in other means may contact Jasmine’s mother, Barb Moore, or family friend Jessie Huggins.
The two-month-old baby is currently wearing size 0-2; sizes 9-10 and large shirts are needed for Glessner, while Hossman wears 32×34 and large shirts.
“Anything helps,” said family friend Huggins, in regards to clothing or donations to the Go Fund Me account.
“They do appreciate everything that has been done, or is in the process of being done… It’s truly sad for this to have happened.”
Huggins said the three made it out of the fire safely.
Those who wish to donate to the Go Fund Me may do so at:
Also affected by the fire is Tami Knowlton Wren. Wren said her family, including her three-year-old granddaughter, were displaced by the fire. She said the family is looking for a 2 to 3 bedroom rental in the Sistersville area. Wren asked that people message her on Facebook if they know of any available locations. Wren can also be reached at 740-628-5913.
Mitchell and Susan Wilson also lost their belongings in the Timber Ridge Apartments fire. They are in need of bedding supplies, blankets, sheets, pillows, and more. They also lost all of their clothing and are in need of pants and shirts. Mitchell wears size 38 waist pants and extra large shirts. Susan wears size 0 pants and medium shirts. Regular household items are also needed. Those who can help are asked to contact Susan at 304-780-4533.
The Red Cross has also stepped in to assist families affected by the Sistersville Timber Ridge Apartments fire.
According to Sharon Kesselring, Executive Director of the Northwest West Virginia Chapter of the Red Cross, the American Red Cross “was called to the scene of the Sistersville multi-family fire Friday evening.”
Kesselring said “Disaster Action Team volunteers assisted four families/sixteen persons with recovery assistance.”
According to the Sistersville Volunteer Fire Department Chief Jason Wayne, there were no fire-related injuries. He said the fire marshal has ruled that the cause of the fire was electrical. One apartment in the complex was damaged by fire, while the other three apartments adjacent to it sustained smoke and water damage.
Wayne said the SVFD received the call concerning the fire at around 5:25 p.m. The department was on scene within eight minutes.
The Tyler Star News will also update this story if we receive word on ways the public can help the affected families.