BOE Holds Pre-Bid Meeting For HVAC System
At the Jan. 22 Tyler County Board of Education meeting, Superintendent Robin Daquilante said 25 contractors showed up for the pre-bid meeting for the Small Business Administration’s HVAC project at Tyler Consolidated.
“We have never had that many contractors for any project,” Daquilante remarked.
She continued, “Our architects that are over the project feel very comfortable. They knew that at least eight or nine of those applicants are very high quality, high reputation and highly recommended contractors.”
The contractors toured the facility to get an idea of what the job entailed and also received a copy of the blueprints.
“Now we will wait to see who sends the bid,” Daquilante said.
Daquilante also announced upcoming meetings regarding the changes to the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Board employees Tricia Feldmeier, along with Melinda Walton, were expected to attend a meeting Jan. 24 to address what changes are specific to their programs.
Feldmeier is the Director of Human Resources and Federal Programs, while Walton is the Director of Special Education, Preschool, Birth to Three and Attendance Officer. At the same time, Daquilante will be meeting with the state department in Bridgeport, reviewing the remaining changes to ESSA.
Additionally, Daquilante informed the board that she is attending a Superintendent’s Conference Jan. 25-26 in Bridgeport.
In other news, compared to the second month attendance report, the county was down one student.
“That’s not too bad. Usually, after the holidays, you can see that go either way,” Daquilante commented.
The board approved the following requests:
* Brian Bailey requests permission to take the Sistersville Elementary School Choir to a Wheeling Nailers Hockey game to perform the National Anthem on Feb. 3. Bus transportation is also requested.
* Brian Bailey requests permission to take the Sistersville Elementary School Choir to the TCMS/HS Auditorium for All-County Choir Dress Rehearsal on March 14. Bus transportation is also requested.
* Tristan Willey requests permission to take six cheerleaders and two managers to a cheer competition at East Fairmont High School on Jan. 20. Bus transportation is also requested.
* Suzette Miller will take four TCMS students to represent Tyler County in the Annual West Virginia Youth and Government Seminar in Charleston Feb. 5-7. Ed Underwood will serve as chaperone and transport the students to this event.
* Bryce Negie will transport six students in his personal vehicle to the Junior High All State Choir in Charleston on Jan. 25-27. He will receive reimbursement for personal expenses of the trip.
* Ashley Cochran, along with Shawna Griffin and Seth Patterson, will act as chaperones for the TSA State Conference in Ripley March 21-24.
The board approved the following personnel items:
* Bob West as Assistant Football Coach at Tyler Consolidated High School, effective immediately.
Employments or Transfers and Rescissions:
After a brief executive session, the board unanimously voted to employ Charles Delauder as Clerk of the Works for the SBA HVAC project at Tyler Consolidated School, effective immediately.
The next board meeting is scheduled Feb. 5 at 7:30 p.m. at the Tyler County Board of Education Office.