homepage logo

Local Family Becomes Victim to House Fire

By Staff | Jan 10, 2018

Tom and Cindy Moore experienced the tragic and unthinkable loss of their Gamble Run home last week, due to a house fire.The fire occurred around 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday,Jan. 3.

The source of the fire was the dryer, and according to Paden City Fire Chief Jim Richmond, the fire was “fast moving” and resulted in “a total loss, including two vehicles.”

Cindy Moore stated, ” With the support of friends and family, we will make it through this.” She continued, “The community really came out, and people I didn’t even know have donated and helped us. We are blessed beyond belief. Thank you all for the generosity.”

The Moores are currently staying with their daughter, Autumn Buck, and are hoping to find a place within the next couple of weeks.

When asked about what what they need from the community, Moore replied. “We are good on clothing and have no place to store furniture yet.” With the tragedy happening so recently, there are still several details to be clarified in the upcoming days.

However, there are currently several ways to help the Moores during their time of loss, including: a Go Fund Me account available online. The fund is named “Moore Family Fire Loss fund.”

Furthermore, Wesbanco has set up an account available for deposits to go toward the Moore Family. You may also mail in donations to Wesbanco, 101 South Fourth Ave., Paden City WV, 26159.

Also, a benefit dinner will be held this Saturday, Jan. 13, from noon to 5 p.m., located at the Paden Fork Chapel Fellowship Hall at 1596 Paden Fork Road, New Martinsville, WV 26155 The menu will consist of spaghetti, salad, bread, dessert, and drinks.

There is no charge for the meal; however, donations are accepted and appreciated. Take-out containers will be available.

If you would like to help with fixing any food, buying drinks, and more, please contact Jana Turner at 304-337-2326, Judy Probst at 304-337-8426, or Sandy Estep at 304-337-8122.

Cindy Moore wanted to, “Thank the fire departments of Paden City and New Martinsville. They quickly contained the fire so that it wouldn’t spread to other buildings, and they were very nice and helpful.”