×
×
homepage logo

Middlebourne Council OKs Rental Of Trailer to Obtain New Police Car

By Staff | Dec 23, 2015

Middlebourne Council had a light agenda before the holidays at its last meeting of the year.

During the Dec. 14 meeting, council approved renting a trailer for about $200 to deliver a police car to the city. Mayor Charlie Delauder said the police car was donated from Kenova, but needed some repairs. Middlebourne paid for the repairs.

“The police car is ready to go and will be patrolling the streets in days ahead,” Delauder said.

Also, council approved the purchase of new American flags for display throughout town.

“The ones we had needed to be replaced, so we bought 20 new flags to use on special occasions when it is appropriate to fly the flag,” Delauder said.

There have been a few snowflakes in the air within the past week, but Middlebourne is prepared for winter. Delauder said the city’s winter weather equipment has been checked and cinders are in storage.

“We are ready for the season,” he said.

In other matters, council approved the resignation of Matt Lamp from the city’s water department. Council will be advertising for a new water plant operator.

And, Delauder said the city has not received word yet about its application for a state grant that would help pay for improvements to the park system’s walking trail, but he remains optimistic. Earlier this year, the city applied for a $150,000 grant through the state Department of Highways. He said the grant is an 20/80 split with the city providing 20 percent of the funds and the state the remaining 80 percent.