Tyler Board of Education Approves Trips, Requests
Tyler County Board Members met on Monday, June 15, at the Tyler County Board office in Middlebourne and approved the following change in the regular meeting date from August 3, 2015 to August 4, because of a conflict with the Tyler County Fair.
Also Monday approval was given for Security Life as the Student Accident Insurance for 2015-2016 school year. Also approved under financial was the Committed Fund Balance and the year end Budget Revision Requests.
No changes were made in the Tyler County Dropout Prevention Policy and the Compulsory Hearing, Vision, and Speech/Language Policy. Both were approved.
Changes were made to the School Enrollment Requirements Policy, the Immunization and Birth Certificate Policy, and the Student Automobile Use Policy. All three policies were placed on two comment and will be brought up at the next meeting on June 29.
– Approval was granted for the Tyler Consolidated High School/ Middle School 2015 Cross Country Schedule and the Tyler Consolidated HS/JV 2015 Volleyball Schedule.
– Kay Lucas was approved for her children, Christopher Henderson and KayLee Forrester, to cross county lines in order to attend Tyler County Schools for the 2015-16 school year. The Request has been approved by the Doddridge County Board of Education.
– Janet Cline, FBLA Advisor, was approved for her request that Debra Smith and Tammy Wilson be permitted to help transport students attending the FBLA National Conference in Chicago to and from Parkersburg to meet the chartered bus.
– Brittany Flesher was approved for her children, Caiden Flesher and Brenen Flesher, to be released from Tyler County Schools for the 2015-16 school year, pending approval from Wetzel County Board of Education.
– Michael Mullet was approved for his son, Trevor Mullett, to be released from Tyler County Schools for the 2015-16 school year, ending approval from the Wetzel County Board of Education.
– Suzette Miller’s request to allow Mitch Jacobs from Marshall University to use the gymnasium at Tyler Consolidated High School from July 27 through July 30, 2015 to hold the annual volleyball camp, was approved.
– Janet Cline, FBLA Advisor, was approved for nine students to travel to Chicago, Illinois from June 28, through July 3, 2015 to attend the FBLA National Leadership Conference, with transportation by chartered bus.
– Susie D. Allen, Early Childhood Classroom Assistant Teacher, by retirement, effective June 17, 2015.
– Rodney Boggs, General Maintenance Man and Electrician 1, by retirement, effective June 30, 015.
Employments and transfers approved:
– Joann Seckman from Fifth-grade Teacher at Sistersville Elementary to Third-grade at SES, effective July 1, 2015.
– Employ Rosanna Haught, as Substitute Teacher , county wide, effective July 1, 2015.
– Employ David Tucker, evening events coordinator, Tyler Consolidated Middle and High Schools, effective July 1. 2015.
– Employ Jason Roberts, Assistant Football Coach, Tyler Consolidated Middle School, effective immediately.
– Employ Jacob Myer, Head Cross Country Coach, Tyler Consolidated Middle School, effective immediately.
– Employ Chad Gruber, Freshman Basketball Coach, Tyler Consolidated High School, effective immediately.
The next meeting of the Tyler County Board of Education will be held on June 29, at the Tyler County Board Office on Dodd Street, in Middlebourne.