Area Halloween happenings
– Halloween exhibit at The Gold Derrick Gallery, Noon, Oct. 26; The Gold Derrick Gallery will be hosting an exhibit entitled “Scary Creatures from Hollywood Features” beginning Wednesday, Oct. 26 and running through Monday, Oct. 31. The exhibit will be available for viewing at noon daily through Halloween. Admission will be by donation to the Sistersville Veteran’s Flag Fund. The Gold Derrick Gallery is located on Wells Street in Sistersville.
– Trick-or-treat in Sistersville, 6 p.m., Oct. 27; Trick-or-treat will be observed in Sistersville from 6-7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27. The Lions Club will sponsor a Halloween Parade at 7:30 p.m. on Wells Street with prizes awarded for best costumes.
– Critter Costume Contest, Noon, Oct. 29; The Olive Branch will sponsor a Critter Costume Contest from Noon until 4 p.m. Oct. 29 in front of the New Martinsville City Building. Trophies, medals and ribbons will be awarded. Award given at 4 p.m.. Participants must be present to receive award.
– Trick-or-treat at Sistersville Center, 6:30 p.m., Oct. 29; Sistersville Center will be having a Trick-or-Treat night on Saturday, Oct. 29 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Everyone is welcome!
– Trick-or-treat in surrounding area, Oct. 29; Trick-or-Treat events have been scheduled for Oct. 29 in the surrounding area. They are as follows: Newport, 5:30-7 p.m.; New Matamoras, 5:30-7:30 p.m.; St. Marys, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
– Joseph Mills Annual Halloween Social, 7 p.m., Oct. 29; The Annual Joseph Mills Halloween Social will be held Oct. 29 beginning at 7 p.m. with Costume Judging, Quilt Raffle, Treat bags for kids, games and much more. The party will be held at the Joseph Mills Community Building on Route 74.
– Hayride/Bonfire, 7 p.m., Oct. 29; The First Baptist Church of Sistersville is hosting a hayride and bonfire Oct. 29 at 7 p.m. The hayride begins in the rear parking lot. Immediately following the hayride, a bonfire will be held at the Episcopal Church’s Spirit Park. At Spirit Park there will be a hot dog roast, s’mores, and much more! Live music onstage. For additional information, call 652-2443.
– Trunk-or-Treat, New Martinsville United Methodist Church, 5 p.m., Oct. 30; On Sunday, Oct. 30 from 5-6:30 p.m. there will be a Trunk-or-Treat at the New Martinsville United Methodist Church for children through 6th grade. Come dressed in your favorite costume, there will be trick-or-treating, food, fun and games. The church is located at 10 Howard Jeffers Drive (behind Captain Richards). For additiomal information, please call the church at 304-455-1422.
– Trunk-or-Treat, Paden City Church of the Nazarene, 6 p.m., Oct. 31; “Trunk-or-Treat”, a safe, family event, will be held at Paden City Church of the Nazarene located at 104 S 5th Avenue, Monday, Oct. 31 at 6 p.m. Church members will be handing out candy from their decorated car trunks to the evening’s trick-or-treaters (12 and under, please.) Families and kids are invited to come out to the Nazarene Church for a safe trick-or-treating environment. There is no cost to participate. For additional information, call 304-337-2368.
– Trick-or-treat in Paden City, 6 p.m., Oct. 31; Paden City’s trick-or-treat will be held from 6-7 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 31. The American Legion will be passing out treats to children in front of the City Building beginning at 5:30 p.m.
– Trick-or-treat in Middlebourne, 6 p.m., Oct. 31; Middlebourne’s trick-or-treat will be held from 6-7:30 p.m. on Oct. 31.