Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | SUBMIT News | Home RSS
 
 
 

2 dead following house fire in W.Va.

July 30, 2014
Associated Press

ST. ALBANS, W.Va. (AP) — The State Fire Marshal's Office says "careless smoking" caused a house fire in St. Albans that left two people dead.

The Charleston Gazette reports (http://bit.ly/WNDBcc ) that a male and female were found dead in the house on Wednesday. Their names have not been released.

Kanawha County Deputy Emergency Services Director C.W. Sigman said firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly once they arrived, but the house was heavily damaged both inside and out.

Officials say it was unclear if the two victims died from smoke inhalation or fire.

___

Information from: The Charleston Gazette, http://www.wvgazette.com

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web