Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | SUBMIT News | Home RSS
 
 
 

Fire forces pastor’s family from Middlebourne home

April 2, 2014
Tyler Star News

A late night fire at the Middlebourne Baptist Church Parsonage on Wednesday March 26, left the church Pastor, Troy Guild, and his family homeless. Fire Departments from the surrounding area responded to the fire around 10 p.m. at 230 Fair St.

According to the church clerk and Deacon Roberts, Pastor Troy Guild and his family are in good condition, but the parsonage is heavily damaged. According to Roberts the fire started in the upstairs bathroom and quickly spread to the rest of the upstairs. The structure suffered heavy smoke and water damage. Roberts said they are waiting on the fire marshall and the insurance co. to determine the extent of the damage.

Although the family was home at the time all members were successfully evacuated.

Article Photos

A fire at the home of the Middlebourne Baptist Church Parsonage at 230 Fair St. in Middlebourne on March 26, left the church Pastor, Troy Guild, and his family homeless. Donations are being accepted on behalf of the Pastor and his family at this time through the Union Bank.

Guild has served as full time Pastor at Middlebourne Baptist since 2010. He and his wife (Imelda) were former missionaries to Mexico where they worked primarily at the orphanages. The couple has two sons at home.

Monetary donations are being accepted by Middlebourne Baptist Church on behalf of the Guild family. Those wishing to donate may contact Church Treasurer, Thelma Layfield at 304-758-4674 or Union Bank at 304-758-2191 for additional details.

 
 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web